Elite’s Temporary Vertical Concrete Barriers (TVCBs) are the perfect safety barrier for a huge variety of applications including many types of temporary works. They also make ideal Vehicle Security Barriers (VSBs).
They are cast from Elite’s highly regarded high strength concrete (50N/mm2) which, combined with approved steel reinforcing, means that the barriers meet the requirements of EN 1317 ‘Compliant Road Restraint Systems for Temporary Safety Barriers’ (see table below).
TVCBs have a multitude of uses including…
- To create a safe working area for your workforce
- To provide flood defences
- Protecting pedestrians from traffic
- Providing traffic barriers / bases for secure fencing to be fixed to (particularly useful for large public events such as the Olympics / Commonwealth games
- Preventing un-authorised access to forecourts, car parks, fields and site compounds
- Helping direct traffic flows safely
- As counterweights, kentledge for scaffolding, fencing, cranes, etc
- Proving security against ram raiders and terrorist attacks
The safety barriers are connected together at the scarf joint by M24 high tensile bolts.
Elite’s TVCBs are always available direct from stock for nationwide next day delivery.
A crane off-load and place service is available.
Temporary Vertical Concrete Barriers
EN 1317 ‘Compliant Road Restraint Systems for Temporary Safety Barriers’
Intermediate barriers (V28) are symmetrical in cross-section and can be used for either verge of central reserve applications, by turning them upside as shown below. Barriers should be aligned according to the direction of the traffic flow, using the directional arrow cast in the face for orientation.
Termination units are handed, being specific to Verge Applications (V29) or Central Reserve Applications (V30).
Units are connected together at the scarf joint, using M24 diameter high-tensile bolts. Units can also be fixed to the carriageway if required, by use of anchor plates bolted to the underside of the barriers.
For more information call 01952 588 885